Sunday, March 15, 2015

Busy Springtime & Upcoming Solar Eclipse!

Oh dear, already Sunday again and I haven't even posted the blog I meant to write last Sunday! Finally starting into spring means it's such a busy, busy time, apparently. And last Sunday allowed a little preview, just for one day for now, of what real life will be like again.
I feared it would be terribly crowded everywhere as it was Sunday as well as the first day of the year with relatively warm and sunny weather - but I found a very nice and peaceful place, taking a turn past a dairy farm, a dead end into the woods with no one else around.
Being out in nature feels much more real when walking barefoot. It was still very cold for that, just low 60's, but I hadn't done it in far too long - so long that the beech nuts felt quite prickly under my feet; I need to get back into the practice.
I was also wearing this beaded barrette I had just made the day before.

No, fortunately NOT snow but just a
felled birch trunk.

The cranes were also returning in vast bands across the skies.

A flaming sunset as perfect closure.

The coming week will be busy too; on two days I'll even be working out at different gyms on the way to or from appointments - great that my membership allows me to use any of the McFit gyms all over Germany (and some abroad already, however unfortunately none in Holland yet). On Friday I'll be in Cologne. Since that's a 2 hour ride, and 2 hours back as well, I'll only do a quick shoulder workout then. If I'm lucky enough with the weather I can even watch the gedeeltelijke zonsverduistering ... oops, I mean the partial solar eclipse, on the way! Sorry, link is in Dutch - I tried but since it will only be visible here in Central Europe there seems to be very little info about it in English language; I couldn't find anything on spaceweather.com and I might in fact have missed it if I didn't receive the newsletter from scientias.nl (also Dutch, good practice for me) - only this one here on space.com, but a look there is worth it as it has two links to live webcasts of the eclipse!
I'll pack my welding goggles on Friday. :)

I'll still have to do a chemistry quiz for my MOOC later - I had to abandon the second course I had enrolled for, more than one at a time is too much for my busy life.

At the botanic garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment