Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Overhead the Crows

That's the title of my newest song which I recorded yesterday, for the first time with more than one track, including harpsichord, bass, e-guitar, pipe organ, piccolo (all played on my keyboard), and my vocals.
I worked a long time on it, just the right kind of project to fill a rainy day.

I first conceived of the song in a dream over a year ago, in the dream I think it was only "and overhead the crows are whirling," over and over again, is all I remembered then. It sounded much like played on a harpsichord. Back then I only wrote one short verse to it, but now I completely reworked and extended the lyrics to contain much of the theme of that dream.

Overhead the Crows (lyrics)

2 comments:

  1. Mighty Warrior-Goddess Diana, again You've written an epic poem, i'm awestricken. Your words always capture the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But it's not a poem, it's a song. Have you listened to it? Just click the hyperlink where it says "newest song", it takes you to the song on Soundcloud.

      Delete