Monday, March 3, 2014

No Carnival - but Beadwork, Bees, and Nuke Reactors!

...yep, in that order for me today.
In order to avoid any noisy carnival crowds I stayed away from downtown (today was main event with the large parade downtown) and thus also from the gym, instead I headed in the other direction, up into the hills. My favorite season has definitely started now and it was great to be out there again! Even if the skies started out dark and gray, some spots were wonderfully fragrant and buzzing. :)


In the morning I finished my beaded flip flops, and my new dream catcher is also starting to take shape, I need to complete the beading around the hoop and to add some feather tassels on the bottom.


And I'm learning how to build my own nuclear reactor now... (LOL, not really!) ...I mean, my course on Nuclear Science and Technology has started. So far it looks easy as I'm already familiar with most of the concepts - the Wikipedia article on the nuclear fuel cycle is among the recommended reading. I'm wondering if the very interesting, so far mostly theoretical Mark IV reactor types will also be covered. In any case I'm busy, busy!

1 comment: