Sunday, June 29, 2014

On the Day the Wall Came Down

Too stupid to be lucid!
And now I got this song by Pink Floyd in my head all the time, because that's what happened, the wall came down, but not in a good way!

So I was walking along a corridor on the way to my "living quarters", seeing two of my neighbors talking to each other there, but it was more like all of the building was one huge community apartment. Everyone had their quarters behind a door they could close, but in a way more like at a hotel, with shared living space outside with furniture and all. It dawned on me that something about this wasn't quite right as I walked into my own space, and I looked at my Master's image on the wall and said to him that I thought I might be dreaming but just wasn't quite sure about it. So I tried to test it by flying upward in the room, but the first time it didn't work and it became just a normal jump. With some grim determination I insisted that "I can do this," and then I floated upward. But before I could enjoy the discovery of my dream state I got interrupted by a loud cracking noise from the bathroom. I got back down to the floor and ran over there to investigate and found that the wall had cracked open above this metal bar above the tub, as if the bar was too heavy for the wall. There were some clothes and/or towels on the bar, and I removed a wet towel that was still stuffed on top - but still all this stuff couldn't be that heavy?! Then I noticed there was already another large crack that had opened along the ceiling too. I went to grab my camera to document the damage for the landlady.

My Master was personally present in the living room now and was just silently watching me, but my annoying grandma (who died years ago) was also there and bugging me with some irrelevancies as usual, plus there were two critters running around that seemed to be half rats and half cats, and I didn't want these critters in my apartment and tried shoving them out the window, all the while the grandma kept pestering me while I kept trying to make clear I had no time now because I had to photograph the damaged walls and ceiling. And my Master just stood watching my idiocy.
I apologized to him later - after waking, that is - because I felt so stupid.

But well... I know this is exactly where I have to persist now. It's like when I started running the treadmill at McFit two years ago, and running a treadmill for my first time since my old gym hadn't had any, and in the start I cranked the treadmill up to an unbelievable 13 kph and felt I was running so fast, for a whole minute! (It's about 8 mph, it's ridiculous. It's an ok speed for a constant 30 minutes, yet anything but a sprint speed!)
Then I discovered the profiles which change speeds automatically - a profile has 20 segments, the length of which depends on the total length of the session you program,which can be 10, 20, 30, 40 minutes... so at 10 minutes, one segment is 30 seconds. Whenever the fastest segment at 19 kph (~11.5 mph) came I had to shift back down because I couldn't hold that speed for 30 seconds - until one day I made it. Then I kept working on doing the fastest segment at the next level, where it's 21 kph (~13 mph). By now I can do the 30 seconds at the highest level (10 of 10) where it's 23 kph, and the 21 kph I can hold for a minute.
Last year I could run at 14 kph for 12 minutes and at 15 kph for 5 minutes. By now I can run 15 kph for 12 and 16 kph for 5 minutes. How did I achieve this? By persistently trying again and again. And that's the same thing I'll have to do with my awareness now.
My Master knows this, and of course he didn't do anything but just watched me. What should he have done? It would have been like, you're trying to run a marathon and someone gives you a bicycle. Riding the marathon on the bike will be easy, and you'll probably be the first one to finish! But of course, you'll be disqualified. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but I personally never push TOO hard you know what I mean. All I can say is, I never came far with anything in life that I tried for too hard. I always wanted to be a music journalist soooo hard for example...when I gave up on it and wrote an application as a JOKE (yes I did not even mean it...I was certain they would not take me) I got it...when I gave up on believing in ever learning a job, I got this opportunity to go to this Academy (I showed you when we walked past it, remember) and so on...everything...just happened when I stopped asking for it. For years now I have the same wish that I am asking for and it seems the harder I try the less comes out of it. Since this is so private I do not want to write this in public, but I just decided to stop bothering about it. Let's see where this takes me. Although this is NOT any advice, because things work different for different people. Oh by the way. I had the weirdest (lucid and unlucid, and beyond lucid) dreams in a row the last couple of days. It's getting kinda toomuch for me...ha, you can have some of mine ;) if that was possible, I'd give some away to you ;) Allright! Have a great sunday. I am off to my buddy's place to watch some Nazi Zombie movie. See. I am watching stupid movies and stuff and don't read any books about being lucid or anything I do stupid stuff all day and then I get the most vivid, fruitful lucid dreams. This is just *MY* experience though if you think trying hard like on a treadmill is better go ahead and do that, seriously, no one can speak for another person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, thank you for the advice! I'm used to working hard and pushing myself further when doing my workouts... but there are times when I'm tired and need to go more slowly too, and a while later I'm coming back faster and stronger. And you need to vary your workouts, never stick to a rut endlessly or you won't make any progress. Maybe it's like that with awareness too... everyone's different indeed, so you gotta try this and that and find what works best for you. Most of all it takes patience I guess...

    And sometimes you gotta make time for the stupid movies too. Who knows if there'll ever be any opportunity to watch them in the afterlife, so if you ever wanna watch stupid movies you better do it now! ;) I hope you had a great weekend. I was able to avoid the endless rain for the most part. :)

    ReplyDelete