Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I want to know those WHO WANT TO KNOW

It's been just over a week now since I deactivated Facebook. It feels a bit lonely but I know it's an illusion that it would be lonelier than before in any meaningful way because I'd be easy enough to find for anyone who cared to; I'm right here, after all. Up until the post preceding this one I always shared every single one of my blog posts on Facebook, and as a rough estimation I received an average of 0.5 "likes" and 0.05 comments per post. (That is, occasionally one "like", rarely more than one, most often zero; comments being exceptionally rare, even on posts where I explicitly asked for feedback.) Most popular were posts containing photos, especially such of my person at the FIBO and such. People hate reading, as it appears - and why would they be more interested in looking at the vessel I'm embodied in that they are in my person?!

Humans are still difficult to understand for me, and yes I'm certainly aware that there are different levels to "understanding". Myself I happen to be all intellect and very little emotion. I do possess a high level of a sort of intuition, but I'd call this sort a "philosophical intuition" (the word philosophy means "love of knowledge"): it derives from reasoning and experience, not from feeling. My "interpersonal skills" are very low, I wouldn't have needed any psychological test to tell me that; it's pretty natural for a reclusive loner.

I may be a hardcore misanthropist to boot, hating the overpopulating human pest species for what it's doing to the rest of all lifeforms on Earth - to the oceans, the rainforests, the planet as a whole. But my vision is certainly wide enough to see that I also need humans - no, not in that silly way! - I need them on my quest for understanding and to expand my knowledge. As you can see I like to frequently put hyperlinks in my posts, which means in turn that I like to use the internet a lot (which was made by people), to read a lot and to search for information, which was written and put there by someone. Intellectual advancement is impossible without communication of some sort, even if not necessarily personal communication - I rarely know the authors of books and articles I read and rarely interact with them besides reading and sometimes sharing their writings, but everything has been written by someone. Reading and writing always is a form of communication.

People sometimes tend to take words too much at face value. For instance, being a true Satanist (that is, one who worships Satan) I have so often railed against LaVeyan (pseudo-)"Satanism", and I've made myself very clear when saying that "a thing like “LaVeyan Satanism” doesn’t exist. Yes, they wrongly call themselves that - but Satanism is the worship of Satan, and LaVeyans are atheists." On which I once received the incredibly asinine comment: "I’m sorry that LaVeyan Satanism doesn’t exist in your world, but in the real world, it does."
Obviously I wouldn't ever dispute that something called "LaVeyan Satanism" does exist - if it didn't then I'd have no reason to rail against it! - but their use of this very term is virtually the only quarrel I have with LaVeyan "Satanists". I'm generally a very tolerant person who understands that everyone has their own reality tunnel and needs to find their very own paths - I even tolerate Christians! (...and found that can I often relate to their views much more than I can to those of materialist atheists, including LaVeyans.)
They simply shouldn't use the term "Satanism" for it since they don't believe in, let alone worship, Satan; that's all of the problem I have with them. The term "Satanism" should be reserved for the belief in Satan, period.
If there's no worship of Satan involved then it's not Satanism, and that's why LaVeyan Satanism does not exist - in particular not in the real world! But only in the world of meaningless words, or in a world that also contains stationary transportation, soundless music, and most notably atheistic Christianity. A world where the sun shines all throughout the night and by daytime it's always pitch dark.

I think this is a major part of the problem: that words all too often are confused with their meaning (or sometimes their meaninglessness, as it is). The advancement of knowledge depends on communication, and communication usually relies on words, which often turn out a rather crude and unreliable instrument of conveying meaning. Yet we have little choice to try and use it anyway as best as we can.

 And those are the people I'd like to meet and communicate with: The ones who WANT TO KNOW in the way I do - to look beyond mere words and appearances, to try and figure out consciousness and reality, to know the true nature of existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment