Monday, June 25, 2018

Amsterdam: 2) Bright night over Vondelpark

I didn't go on any major trips out of town since the weather was cold most of the time. I stayed at the library until closing time (10 PM) the last evening, thereafter I had to leave the area quickly because of the freezing wind by the open water area, the library building being situated just between the Oosterdok and het IJ/the IJhaven, the vast waters just next to Centraal Station.
Back at the park it felt less cold, and on the way there, riding my MacBike, I still took in the beautiful sights of the city at nightfall.

Is this Sparta or is this cheese?!

View from the 6th floor library window where I sat reading
"Leven tussen geesten".


De Waag (Old Weighhouse).

Bike tires on the bridge reflecting the flash of my cam. :)


Nearly midnight at Vondelpark.
This is how bright the sky still was.

The next day would bring the best weather... but then it was nearly time to go home.
As always, I left with considerably more baggage than I'd arrived with, although most of my souvenirs consisted of food, and also incense sticks, and a candle snuffer I had found at Waterlooplein Markt. I've used it since, and it's a great help, enabling me to extinguish my sacred ritual candles without getting all the wax covering my long nails.


No, this ain't how I traveled back home - too
big to go up the Rhine river, it wouldn't fit
through under the bridges!




Stuff I brought home. Incense sticks, spelt noodles (at a bargain),
deodorant, peanut butter, granola bars, energy drink, orange/ ginger
jam, hemp seeds (you can add them to granola, and no, you can't
get high from it), & the brass object in center that looks like a
pipe is a candle snuffer.
,


This book was for me to buy & keep, unlike
the one at the library.

Cute calling card from Magic Mushroom Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment