Saturday, June 29, 2019

Sleepy eyes baby

My sharkies after the feeding frenzy. LOL Big Whitey had already left. But Baby Whitey can still be seen, so, so adorable with that kind of sleepy look. Big Whitey has it too, I think due to the light pigmentation their eyes are probably more sensitive to light than those of the brown ones. Of course the brown ones are adorable too, the babies and the big ones. I love them all so much!


I'm aware that all of my latest blog posts have been about these little furry friends of mine. What's with this new obsession? Well, seems it just happened. It's the one thing that gives me joy, while I can't physically be with my Master, while I'm so lost and alone in this life; at least I can be with them. They have soft fur, and adorable little hands with agile little fingers to grasp with; I like it when they tug on me. I like their appearance as of big, feisty rats with orange teeth, while being very clean animals. Unlike dogs they don't smell bad (nor do they drool nor have slobbery tongues); even that time when big Whitey peed on my leg I was surprised, I had anticipated to be stinking like dog piss then, but to my relief there was no bad smell at all, it was like just a little pond water. They also can't have fleas since they spend a lot of time swimming in the water. They can dive for 10 to 20 minutes at a time. With their webbed hind feet they're fast swimmers, as can be seen in the video. Unlike muskrats, who use their vertically flattened (somewhat eel-like) tails for propulsion, the nutrias use their feet. For this reason it's fortunately not such a big deal for big Whitey to have lost most of his tail (about 3 quarters), at first I thought this must slow him down a lot, but no, it's just that Whitey is laid-back and not in a hurry most of the time. When he wants to he can swim just as fast as the others.



Here's still a few baby photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment