Friday, July 5, 2019

Brown Jenkins: Babies getting bolder

Guess who I celebrated the 4th of July with!

The big, dark guy sitting right by my knee in the start is Bumpy. I named him so for the little bump in his tail. He's a rough guy who can be very aggressive, more than once have I been bleeding from his bite. But I've also touched my face to his soft fur when he's placid.




There were a number of babies around again, not all of them dare to come close to me yet, but more and more of them do. Only one of the two white ones, the smaller one, one brown one, and since today, the bigger one of the black babies, who in the end even tugs on my sandal. I can see them growing up before my eyes... The tiniest black one is a new baby, he didn't dare come close to me yet, but as can be seen toward the end, he takes no shit from his bigger sibling. Sleepy-eyes Baby Whitey was this tiny when I first saw him, and was very shy then. Now he (or she?) comes to me, but is already a good bit bigger. Sadly I learned they live only 6 years. I didn't see big Whitey today, which always has me worried. I held back two apples for him but ended up taking them back home, after riding around the lake, unsuccessfully looking for Whitey. I hope I'll see him again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment