Tuesday, September 24, 2019

My sweet Bumpy, always grumpy

As always I had to check on my little family. We had some trouble lately with some homeless dude camping out there. He had been there for a while and I had deemed him harmless, but the other Saturday he suddenly snapped and came throwing a stone at my sweet animals, after which I got into a row with him, trying to make him understand that I'll not allow him to harm any of them, but he kept babbling at me in German, doubtlessly insults, and wouldn't even try to understand. He also kept saying "McFit" again and again - the name of my gym. I couldn't make sense of that bit until I remembered, days later, that I'd seen a homeless guy camping under the entrance of the permanently closed store just around the corner from McFit, where I passed by every time on my way home, so I guess that must have been him - I never really took notice then, and mostly he was cocooned in his sleeping bag then anyway. It sure makes for a weird coincidence though that he first camped by my gym and then next to the lawn where my furry family live, so that it makes me wonder who sent that dude my way. Maybe someone is having a laugh...?

Anyway, he's gone now and hopefully will remain absent. I want to know my little darlings being safe.
Fortunately I now found some people who also care for them,which is good to know, especially with the winter ahead. I'll try to keep visiting my furry kin then, of course,but I might not be able to make it as frequently, since the German winter is brutal on me too.





"Uh-oh..." It may seem at times in this video that I'm not comfortable with him being there, but that's certainly not the case. In fact, the much I love the babies, I was about to leave and go looking for him because my Bumpy was missing. At that very moment he came. I love him so much, it's just that I know he's very aggressive, on some days, like today, more than other days, and I don't want him to bite the babies. Instead, he bit me once more, not for the first time. My sweet Bumpy, always grumpy, but always my sweetheart, my beautiful King of the Pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment