Sunday, September 1, 2019

Missing: Little Black Fluffy

I don't want to call this "In Memoriam" or something like that because I still hope he (she?) will pop up again, but I haven't seen him in 3 weeks now. After all, I had never seen the second white baby again in a long time, but only recently s/he popped up again, the little white one that I call Paardebloempje (Dutch for "Little Dandelion"). The difference is that Paardebloempje had never grown accustomed to me yet, only Sleepy-Eyes (the other white baby) would come to me. Only recently, Paardebloempje has started taking food from my hand, still timidly - while Sleepy-Eyes is fearlessly climbing all over me.
All the babies started out being very shy, and some grew to trust me more quickly than others.
In this little video compilation I made with what clips I have of Black Fluffy this can be seen, in the start he's timid, but towards the end of it he's walking over my leg. And I'm aware that, sadly, after having come to trust me this much it would be far less likely that he suddenly just decided to stay away.


The few photos I have of him are mostly not of greatest quality, but I'll put them here anyway. I hope I'll still get a chance to take more of him in the future, and to see him grow up.

Black Fluffy (left) and his brother Growly.


Sorry, little Fluffy, the bag of carrots is empty.


Black Fluffy (right) with Sleepy-Eyes (the white one)
& two others.

Black Fluffy with Sleepy-Eyes and another sibling.



No comments:

Post a Comment