Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Workout at the park from now on...

So it really has come to this, very suddenly and without warning. I'd have had no idea if a friend hadn't told me on Facebook the other night - but yesterday was my last workout there for a long time now, as it's closed now for at least a month due to the CoViD-19 scare. And I've never been away from the gym for longer than 6 days at the most, when I was either traveling or very ill.

I think this is a bad decision. Because young and healthy people are no longer worrying at all about the virus now, but instead they're very worried for their freedom - well, in fact I don't really know about any other young and healthy people, but it seems natural to me to feel this way. If I do get ill, damn, I've had the flu numerous times before in my life. I'm unlikely to die from this, but even if I should die, I know I'll die anyway - everyone does, it's not a matter of if but only of when, and it's beyond me why so many people are in stubborn denial of this fact.

But whether in this life or in the hereafter, freedom is what always matters most in all of existence!

So I'll have to use the workout bars at the park for a long time now, or up in the woods, and go running, etc. Fortunately I know a few such outdoor workout spots, and I have some limited equipment myself. And praise Satan, it's spring now, so being outdoors even more will be much less problematic.
I have dumbbells and an EZ bar with weights, a chin-up bar, and today I ordered a set of workout slings on eBay. Stairs, logs and rocks can be used, and hills, of course. I'll get by somehow.

Maybe it's the sunny and milder weather, but I was surprised how busy it's been downtown and at the park these past three days.



Mason bees on my balcony, being really busy too. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment