Friday, February 28, 2014

A project I'm currently working on...

...a pair of old flip flops. To be new again... :)


You may be wondering what those buttons are for: they're going underneath the slits and the straps will be attached to them.
The beadwork technique is two-drop diagonal peyote. I've actually never seen that anywhere before, at least not two-drop and diagonal combined - but it's pretty straightforward to do if you know either so I don't think I can claim to have invented that. ;)


The left one is already finished!





My latest finished project was this birthday gift for a friend.
I'm also currently working on a dream catcher, both it and the flip flops will be added to my deviantART gallery when finished.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is all awesome that "Shark Tooth" that's so old is that actually that of a shark or that of a...as I call it "Stoneage shark" a MEGALODON? I love this.fossiles. And I say it again, just so everyone knows I am a vegetarian & love animals & also against shark murder but there is nothing at all wrong with fossiles. But I thought in the stine age "sharks" did not yet exist in their modern form but that they were called Megalodon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalodon is that what u are having?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Megalodon_teeth.png I'd envy you much you lucky one you got a museum's piece at the flea market just how lucky can u get! I wish I could have a Dinosaur Tooth I love Dinosaurs. The shoes are pretty, too and all that you are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Well, sharks have existed long,long before the stone age! They are a very ancient family of creatures, in fact one of the most ancient family of vertebrates that still survive to this day - 450 million years - which means they date from even long before the dinosaurs which lived from about 200 million to 60 million years ago!
    I don't think mine is a Megalodon tooth, that would be a lot larger still and probably very expensive. By it's size it might well be a Great White's tooth. The stand with the shark teeth and other fossils (such as ammonites) and mineral gems is always there at the Rheinaue flea market, so if you like I could buy one for you! They're not very expensive, usually between 7 and 12 € (depending on size and condition), it's been a while but I think I paid definitely under 10 € for mine.

    ReplyDelete