Wednesday, April 29, 2015

FIBO photos, and some bad news too

So the month is nearly out & I still haven't posted about the FIBO - the annual Fitness & Bodybuilding expo I attended with two friends on 4-11th.

I've been busy lately, also had a bunch of doctors' appointments, and not exactly happy about the lingering freezing weather.
This morning I spent at another medical office where I'd been transferred for x-rays, and I was in for a surprise, not having expected the cause of my ailment to be shown this suddenly and clearly, and my personal doctor thought it was probably just tense muscles.

After the x-rays had been taken I had to wait another while and then was asked to meet the doctor who had examined them. He first asked me once more what my complaints were, and I told him it's pain in the lower back, toward the left hip. He said that was no wonder and explained that the x-rays showed obvious damage to a disk!
I was quite a bit shocked; I hadn't expected this at all.
He said my personal doctor will have the x-rays by Monday, and I would discuss any further treatment with her then. I told him I'm an athlete and if he could tell how severe this diagnosis really is in this context. His reply was of great comfort to me - he said that without sports it would certainly get much worse, and that it was important to do sports. Thank you, good doctor, that's the best thing I could have hoped to hear!

After leaving the office I quickly calmed myself over the initial shock: Nothing has changed, Diane, you've been living with this for many years now, except you didn't know it. The pain came and went, it used to be to the right side of the lower back the past 2 or 3 times, this time it's on the left. It's not continual. It's not really caused by the cold weather, it's just that cold temperatures make any pain much worse.

As I was already downtown I then went to a drugstore and found they offered a 20% discount on all sports nutrition supplements by their home brand, so I bought 2 cans of protein powder and a whole bunch of protein bars. I'll keep running faster than ever in my life, yep, and lifting heavier too. This is what I do!












Thanks again to my friend who took the photos - you did an amazing job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment