Saturday, April 18, 2015

Quantum mysticism, but watch your step

No, you're not allowed to collapse my wave function. I prefer to be somewhere out there, unobserved, so my position and momentum remain unknown. I'm both here and not here.
Some random positions are shown below though.

My bike, observed at rest. ;)

Vast fields.

Climbed on top of some wooden thingy.

I loooove these flowers! All over the forest ground,
but only for 1 or 2 weeks each spring.



These were taken about a week ago, on the first and so far only day that went significantly over 70 F, so I had to finally be back out there again!

The next day was FIBO, I still meant to post about that too but I'm really behind with stuff. At least my chemistry MOOC (online course) is finished now, I did the final exam the other day. Only 76%... but well, it's not as if I studied terribly hard for it, all I did was the minimum requirements as I had a lot else going on.

Then there was also that competition for Lucid Dreaming Day, I really felt a need to get creative for that - and I won the 3rd prize!! With this picture:

Shark Breach in Amsterdam
I won access to an online course offered by World of Lucid Dreaming (there's a lot of free info too, check it out). This prize is awesome as I couldn't have otherwise afforded it, it's 50 $. The downside though: the author identifies as a "skeptic". She sees dreams as "fantasy", as "produced by the brain", as "not real". It really puzzles me how someone with this kind of view can have lucid dreams, or how someone with frequent lucid dreams can still hold such a view... either way.
On the other hand, right in the first lesson she mentions, "The French philosopher, Rene Descartes, found his lucid dreams so vivid that he concluded the waking senses are illusory and not to be trusted."
I can totally relate to Monsieur Descartes there!!

As frequently mentioned earlier, it's not easy to walk the line and I again and again find myself in between all the fronts. I'm still reading Science and the Near-Death Experience although I was very put-off by the foreword. It was written by one Neal Grossman and it starts out perfectly fine. His foreword covers eight pages, and I was 100% on his side in everything he said until on page 7 of 8 (paperback version) he starts about a "message" being hidden in all this research, and "the message is universal love." I cringed!!!

You can go to the link above and click on the book to "look inside" and read the entire foreword in the free preview. I didn't fully read it before ordering, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ordered the book. It's just the foreword and the author of the book itself, Chris Carter, still brings up a lot of valuable facts and viewpoints, even going  into quantum mechanics. Still it makes me apprehensive that he approved of having this bullshit in the foreword. And generally - no wonder the divide is this deep, and no wonder the materialists make fun of proponents of a wider view of existence - when the latter more often than not come up with such silly, childish, and entirely unscientific bullshit!

What is love? A silly animal emotion, not more! Sure, I do love as well, I love sunshine, sharks, metal music. I love Bela Jaws (my plush shark). But I'm not saying there's anything special about this. I am an animal, just like everyone else. I love as much as I hate, I get tired and hungry and thirsty - and cold, most of all, much more often than I'd like to! I feel all these things like any animal does, any living organism who has consciousness, any human or dog or fish.

It is simply not rational to see in love anything more than that. From a spiritual perspective it may even be very dangerous, as I believe this is how the demiurge lures in souls to assimilate them. We do not know what exactly waits beyond the end of our bodies' lives, but for this trap I'll be on the lookout.
But spiritual matters aside, as I said, that universal love crap is not rational, but the book is about Science and the Near-Death Experience. And being not rational is exactly what the materialists usually accuse their opponents of, and sadly I must admit they all too often have a point there.

I'm still standing my ground. For the little we can know, I believe consciousness is primal. But no "universal love" bullshit. I'm standing my ground even if I have to stand alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment