Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Grandma Flying an Airstrike

It's been a while since I returned from Amsterdam, returned to business as usual - workout at the gym, work on dreams and awareness, as well as a few other projects such as certain drawings I had to make.
My dreams have indeed become somewhat clearer and I can mostly remember at least one each morning, I was surprised that even while in Amsterdam I remembered at least some little bit each morning; in the past, the excitement of traveling used to wipe out all my dream memory. Some of my dreams are troublesome or annoying, but it's better to remember even those.

The annoying ones are usually about that family which gave rise to my biological form, and mostly about my mother. But last night it was the grandmother who wrought major havoc, in a way that is utterly ludicrous in hindsight. In waking life I'm grateful to no longer have any contacts to said family - the grandmother is long deceased anyway - but it doesn't keep them from continually pestering my dreams.

In waking life there used to be continual war between my mother and grandmother,and so it was in last night's dream. My mother lived in the house with me and told me how her mother had on the phone announced a literal airstrike against our house this night!
Grandma still had a small, 1-person airplane (of course, in the dream only!) that grandpa had flown in WW2. I told the mother that I wasn't very concerned about this threat since it would be extremely difficult to carry out - not to mention bold, for an old woman - as this old airplane wouldn't have sophisticated modern instruments onboard to fly by, and flying by sight at night you can see only blackness below and it will be near impossible to make out a precise target. Grandma would be foolish to try, I said, but even if she does she won't find us.

Turned out I was only partially right. I had lain down to sleep in my room - on the shitty old couch, I think - and presumably so had the mother. Suddenly I got startled up by the noise of an enormous explosion! It rocked the walls and floor, and for a moment I feared our house had really been hit. But everything was fine here, it must have been a major bombshell that had been felt from some distance away. Then I looked out the window and saw the fire - a house on the other side of the field was in flames. It was the last house in the street,just like this one, but on the other side of the field, and obviously the grandmother had mistaken it for ours in the darkness. Apart from this mistake, her aim was remarkably accurate! But I reasoned that since such a bomb must be very expensive and hard to obtain we'd hope that she wouldn't get to try again before she could be apprehended.
I then ran across the field to check out the site of the disaster. From close up it didn't appear as bad, it was only burning - from the shockwave of the explosion it had felt as if at least a whole block must have been leveled!

Actually I meant to still relate my dream of the previous night which was really very precious, but no more time right now, maybe I'll get around tomorrow. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment