Friday, July 21, 2017

It doesn't matter

I saw some bullshit TED talk on Youtube today, regarding consciousness. Bullshit because it ended with "when consciousness eventually ends..."
Consciousness doesn't end! Because it's fundamental. Someone else was quoted in the comments: "Your consciousness is not in your head - your head is in your consciousness."
Indeed, that's more like it.

The good thing is, if I should be mistaken it doesn't matter, because in that case absolutely nothing will ever have mattered. I'd just hate to have gone through it all for nothing, but at that point it wouldn't matter anymore. So what could possibly go wrong...

...that's what they always say.
It's not this simple. Faith is everything, and to cop out by saying "if I'm wrong it doesn't matter" is not faith.
Then again, to question everything is also part of this path.


Random: I love this album so much although I don't understand a word of it. But the music is glorious, including the intro. (I do understand that "Per Aspera ad Pestilentiam" means as much as the breath leading to pestilence.)
Give me visions of Hell to put my mind at ease. I'll be at home there.

No comments:

Post a Comment