Thursday, January 2, 2014

A new start 2014!

I meant to continue this blog some day... and I guess now is the time! I'll be trying to post regularly, and the reason I've decided to do it is that I feel I have a need for it.

In the past one and a half years since I started working out at McFit I've made some major athletic progress; of course I'm determined to keep it up but I also need to work on my mental and spiritual development.
Many of the people following me on Facebook are probably doing so in the first place for the reason that I'm a female bodybuilder, so sorry to my "fans" but this blog won't be about bodybuilding.
One of the major subjects may be dreams.
I've started reading another book about lucid dreaming, it's called "Are You Dreaming?" by Daniel Love. I've been interested in lucid dreams for a long time but it's also been long that I last read a book about it and worked with my dreams more closely. I've kept a dream journal but added to it only very infrequently, and more often than not I've been unable to recall my dreams. I'm hoping to change this now as I feel there is a lot to be gained by paying close attention to this part of life's experiences.
But to follow the kind of training outlined in the above book seems daunting - much more so than the other books I read about lucid dreaming some years ago would make it seem, and so it's no wonder I felt pretty frustrated back then about having so little success in taking control of my dreams.
Mind you, little success doesn't mean none at all. It's probably just that the books I previously read kept silent as to how much it may really take in terms of work and especially patience in order to get more proficient at it. The new book and also certain websites don't fail to mention that (without training) only some percentage of people will experience a lucid dream in their lives.That is, one? In their entire lives??? Considering this, I've certainly been faring much better in that I've had at least the occasional, brief lucid dream, maybe about twice a year on average. My very first one was in the night after visiting a lecture about dreaming at a local library back when I was about 15; the lecturer mentioned lucid dreams and said that many people will spontaneously have a lucid dream after they learn for the first time about this possibility, and that's exactly how it happened to me. So I know first hand that lucid dreams are indeed a real possibility - I learned only recently that there apparently are people who claim otherwise!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to really take control of it, given the daunting prerequisites outlined in the above mentioned book, but I feel a need to at least start working much more closely with my dreams as well as general awareness as a I feel this mental and spiritual side of my life is somewhat lacking. According to the book it takes even more though than to simply write down one's dreams in a journal...
Well, I may write down some of them here, as well as more general insights about my life and life in general in order to keep track of where I'm headed.
Using this blog seems like a neat option to me, along with the opportunity to possibly share and discuss ideas with other people and thereby learn more along the way!
So this is one of my plans for this new year

 See all the stars in my background here? The stars are not the limit - maybe the event horizon of our expanding universe is. But only for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment