Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Path Chooses You

So I discovered this gentleman's videos in which he talks about lucid dreaming. He is really right about the essentiality of a dream journal; I've mostly had one since my teenage but I often used them all too infrequently, sometimes even with intervals of several months, only lately I've begun writing in my current one more regularly again.
His advice of using a voice recorder is good but they're unaffordable, I haven't seen any under 40 € yet, so I stick with scribbling notes.

Right here in Stephen Berlin's second video it becomes clear that he's of the other side, as opposed to my own Satanic creed. But I don't mind it, I find the way he talks about his dreams very engaging and I'm open minded enough to listen to some very different perspective and outlook on life and I'm sure I can still learn from it, at least as long as a person is not completely dogmatic in their views and/or even trying to indoctrinate others.
"Transcendence"... means to be walking a path toward transformation, even if toward a destiny very different from mine, and that's in stark contrast to those who tragically see life as a meaningless dead end.

Love and compassion have little meaning for my own path, for the most part I see them as human weakness and thereby something to be overcome. But I can see that there are corresponding counterparts in my own experience. The second video made me think of a dream I had a long time ago in which I was riding merrily along the Rhine river on my bicycle as I often do in waking life. I was riding fast and perhaps I hit something but passed right through it when I realized I was dreaming and thus became lucid. Invigorated I continued even faster riding right through the row of parked cars along the street. Some pedestrians were startled and found my behavior reckless, and some guy shouted like, "who do you think you are, the Devil?!" And I shouted back, "Yes, I AM THE DEVIL!!!"
And I continued riding down onto the river and along it - riding ON the water, feeling exhilarated!
Of course, I didn't mean that I was literally the Devil - but it was one of those moments when I felt very strongly that I am of the Devil; a Satanist's experience of transcendence. Such experiences are very important and rewarding on this path which, in particular in the start, hasn't been an easy one; the path of a Satanist is usually a rather lonely one but I think mine has been even more so than that of most Satanists. But I found it turned out true that "you do not choose your path but the path chooses you". This very certain feeling of belonging.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday Night I was lucid and in the far future. Don't know how far exactly. But among other mindblasting things I found a sort of machine like Spotify that has all albums and music on it ever recorded. But really everything, each single etc. So I decided to type in Death In June and found their future releases, and among them was an Album that came out no will come out in 2015 which is not so far away and a tribute album featuring other bands that will come out in 2035. Well anyway! I knew I had the greatest chance EVER so far here to find out if there can be a truth about dreams of the future or if we have to logically consider it is rubbish. I wanted to be totally objective about it, and being lucid, I dunno what gave me another STUPID idea, I decided to make myself sleepwalk to a sheet of paper next to my computer.. I also knew a pencil was lying there so I thought yes I can do it sleepwalk there and write down the titles of the albums. So in my dream I took the albums and went to my computer room with them in the dream, and I grapped a pencil and wrote down the the titles and even EAN codes and Catalogue numbers of the CDs and the record company onto the sheet of paper next to my computer, thinking I triumphed. I even wanted to be tidy and brought the info sheet I had printed out of the music machine which said all the stuff when exactly the CDs would be released and in which other formats etc., I wanted to bring that back to the dream room with the music machine in. But then suddenly I found myself awake in my bed-but in the dream, I was not lucid anymore then but I thought had woken up in my bed for real, and it turned a nightmare. There was a huge-for a smurf- dead black smurf lying on my floor and I figured it must have been killed by a blue smurf and then I heard rattling and I knew the blue smurfs wanted to kill me ha ha oh damn this is embarrassing a lot. You decide if this is publishable x] Well I got into a real bad panic even having forgotten smurfs are not real. I was so in panic the adrenaline woke me up and I noticed where the dead black smurf had been in my dream my pair of black shoes was standing. And that my brother was up and therefore since our walls are thin my brain thought it was a smurf rattle. Since when do smurfs rattle anyway? But it turned out OF COURSE I had not been at my computer and had not grapped a pencil and not written anythung down. Instead I must have managed to open my eyes or one eye while sleeping and stare at my black shoes, and my brain suggested that was a dead black smurf instead of my shoes, which made the silly nightmare begin. I can notremember what the CDs looked like or anything. I ruined it!!! I should have just kept the titles in mind and woken up concentrated and then immedeatly write them down. How come I often do the most stupid thing possible in dreams? Well whatever, about a voice recorder, even a 1 Euro mobile phone from "anno 1999" should have one. You dont have to use it for phoning if u don't want but u can use the vouce recorder. I do all my interviews with my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we all tend to be stupider in our dreams than in waking life, albeit less so the higher the degree of lucidity, but still our logical faculties may be somewhat restricted since we're using a mind that is asleep. I'm surprised that you knew in the dream what EAN codes are, I don't know that in waking even (but I suppose it's something like ISBN is for books?) but I can tell you the sleepwalking plan couldn't possibly have worked out. By default our bodies are naturally paralyzed during the REM phase of sleep, precisely for the purpose of keeping us from acting out our dreams which might result in injury. This natural protective mechanism doesn't work properly in people who sleepwalk, although I read that in most cases they don't even sleepwalk during REM but in other phases of sleep.
      However, if the Death in June albums won't be released exactly as it was in your dream it doesn't necessarily mean that precognitive dreams are generally "rubbish"; there are many possible reasons (branching universe theory, among others) why the future might take a different course. Precognition (through dreams or otherwise) may be a bit like the weather forecast: the farther into the future, the more unreliable. ;)
      False awakenings are pretty common, I've had them often. That your black shoes were exactly in the place you had seen the black smurf is a bit odd though; either you woke up very briefly in between (I read if we wake up for less than 2 minutes we generally won't remember it) and you drowsily spied the black object, or otherwise it might be just coincidence.
      You should indeed rather have tried to keep the CD titles in mind; in that book on lucid dreaming I finished reading the other night, a kind of "imaginary notebook" to use in lucid dreams is being described, the "Dream Peg System". It's supposed to work as follows: in waking life you write down the numbers 1 -10 and for each you work out a visual object based on its shape, the picture for each should be individual for yourself and represent the object that YOU would first associate with the shape of the number. The author gave his own examples. You can also use the system to memorize things in waking life (for instance, a shopping list). It works by attaching the item you want to remember to the objects representing the numbers in your imagination. My own numbers are the following:
      1 - a scythe
      2 - a swan (sorry, LOL)
      3 - a butterfly (from the side,wings folded)
      4 - a SHARK (the dorsal fin! :D)
      5 - a meat hook (think of Cannibal Corpse,LOL)
      6 - a snake (coiling round)
      7 - a gallows
      8 - a roller coaster
      9 - a mushroom cloud
      10 - a helicopter
      So, the first item to remember I'd visualize with the scythe lying across it, or much better, the Grim Reaper holding his scythe in one hand and the item in the other. Second item, the swan carries in its beak, or perhaps poops on it or whatever. The visualizations should be quirky or funny because it makes them easier to remember! I've had no opportunity to use the system so far but it might be useful to you. :)
      Hm, a mobile phone for 1 €, really???

      Delete