Monday, January 6, 2014

Are we really always ourselves? + Rainbow pics!

I actually meant to refer to an article on a website about lucid dreaming with today's entry; this morning the article was still there but I couldn't finish reading it as I had to leave, and now that I tried going back there I had to find the website is down!
Well, regardless... I hope it will be back up soon. What I meant to talk about is the following: the article was about self-awareness, and how it's much easier to become lucid in a dream if we build up our self-awareness in our waking lives. This is straightforward and I agree, but it mentioned further how we are always ourselves, even in our dreams... Now, at least for myself this is not true, occasionally I've had dreams in which I switched between the roles of different characters in it as well as the role of a disembodied observer, watching the dream story unfold like a movie.
And while I can't remember myself ever having been a different (non-human) animal in a dream, it does seem to happen as evident in the butterfly dream...

I certainly asked myself whether or not I was dreaming when this morning just after the late winter sunrise this glorious rainbow was stretching across my balcony! Beats me how a few morons were even walking around below not even looking at it! The rainbow kept disappearing and reappearing in different sections, eventually encircling the entire western sky. But apparently I was not dreaming - because I took pics of it!
Totally worth freezing my ass off for! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment