Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Back on the running trail

As for the dreams recounted yesterday, they might as well have pointed to something that already happened last week, at least as far as I am concerned. And today I went running again, different route partially, but down the same trail in the end where I had a little fuck-uppy a week ago. I'm extremely surefooted usually and don't even know how it happened, but somehow I had slipped on the uneven gravel trail, and the faster you run, the harder you fall. This is the aftermath, as it looks today.


Despite the little accident I finished with a time that's not even so bad - considering the steep uphill part and very rough terrain - 8 K in 43 minutes.


Today I ran 10 K in 54.5 minutes. Up the hill, down, up again & down again - I can't stress enough that there are steep hills included in nearly all of my runs, therefore the seemingly slow times, plus I don't wear a watch while running, so the time is from living room back into living room, from a second floor apartment. Of course, one flight of stairs is just about 5 seconds, but I have to unlock the front door and then my apartment door as well.


Poor muskrat I saw at the park last time was far worse off than me with my little accident, as you can see he lost his tail somehow. I wondered how this might have happened. This is a very big muskrat and my hunch is he's a fighter, and possibly it was some predator that tried to take him down but in the end failed. 


~*~*~*~


Such is a brave warrior's life - seen here embracing the fearsome Terror of the Deep with his deadly jaws.
... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment