Sunday, April 7, 2019

Skipped the gym, but not the workout

The weather was actually nicer today than it was for my little excursion yesterday, so I spontaneously decided to do my workout outdoors, as I know a great place for it in the woods.
First exercise: Getting my ass up that hill on my bike, and that's a very steep climb for a mile or so!
Then into the woods, and then there'll be this:


That means doing various chin-ups (different hand positions), 6 sets or so. And swinging along the length of that ladder thingy and back once, monkey style.


Handstand push-ups against the back wall of that little hut.


Next station, which is about half a mile from the other thingy. Dips on the double bars, and overhead triceps push-ups on one bar.
At one point, a group of three women with four little girls came along and the children occupied one set of bars, but they didn't bother me and I kept using the other set and the tree. As I was doing dips, one of the girls tried unsuccessfully to copy me.


Push-ups with feet on one of the lower set of bars, a few more sets of handstand push-ups against the trunk of the big tree (wouldn't have needed to use the hut for it, note for next time), two sets of archer's push-ups on the ground. (Archer's are like regular push-ups but alternatingly going down to one side while keeping the other arm straight.)


And being on my way again...


And that's what a warrior's hands look like afterwards. (Workout gloves are for pussies. LOL)


But I always keep my nails neat! And yes, they're my real ones, I just shape & paint them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment