Thursday, April 4, 2019

Social phenomena

So it would seem that Google+ was unceremoniously laid to rest yesterday, presumably for lack of use. It's a bit sad, I liked how my blog posts appeared on my profile there, but the only reason they did is because they were auto-shared from here and I kept that feature on.
A few screenshots:


My sharky cover.




I had no friends on Google+, except for one or two from Facebook who also never really used it as there was no one else there, and for me it's been this same way on every other social network I ever tried, ever since everyone migrated to Facebook from Myspace back in 2010 or so. It's a bit of a puzzling phenomenon since everyone complains about Facebook, that they're not handling privacy in a responsible way, that they're selling their users off as a product, and that Facebook generally "sucks", and yet everyone seems to be clinging to it and unwilling to try anything else.
Besides Google+ I've tried Tumblr, quite recently that new MeWe thing, and I've always found myself alone in all of these. Only the other day I stumbled upon another one called Diaspora I haven't tried it yet and not sure if I should, as it will most likely be the same story.
Not sure if I'd be able to sign up even, as some places require that you have a mobile phone in order to do so, which I don't have. I've been unable to join VK and Telegram for this reason, and sadly also a car sharing site, the latter which is a shame as there would be cheaper rides, but so I have to keep using trains and buses where I can't get by bicycle.

--

Human behavior in general can be really puzzling, especially to someone like me who has for the most part always remained an outside observer.
Especially when it comes to spiritually minded people I'm often baffled by how intolerant and cantankerous some of them can be. But yes, I've read of similar demeanor in historical accounts about certain scientists as well, and also supposedly enlightened gurus who have shed their ego and yet appear still full of it, so yeah,it seems to be very widespread.

So this is what transpired on FB lately:

The above post was talking about a friend and Satanic brother of mine and something the latter had posted earlier. I had already commented on my brother's post and stated that I disagree with the view, but entirely without attacking it but instead laying out my own ideas, and we had a really interesting discussion about it, without any hostility whatsoever. And this is the way that is natural to me; and if attacking at all then you should attack the idea and not the person - doing the latter is called "ad hominem" and is very, very bad form, to put it mildly. Apart from that, the above post is also very incorrect in several points.
For one, what's "demonic as Hell by biblical definition" is not actually "demonic as Hell". According to the Bible, there is only "one true God", and thereby any and all other gods and goddesses were declared devils and demons - which has nothing to do with the truth. The Bible is the Word of God, in other words: his propaganda.
Also, I'm not sure what is meant by your "Satanism", but Satanism itself is certainly infinitely much older than 20 years; "existing before the formation of the planet" is a statement that can certainly be argued about as there is no evidence for or against it, but I've seen this statement in the comments and it was not my brother who made it but another person. There are particular forms of Satanism, like the Current 218 and what is branded Anticosmic Satanism, and certain organizations practicing them, that may be no older than 20 or 30 years, but this is rather irrelevant. Satan Himself has been known to mankind at least since the time of the Bible, since He is mentioned in it, and so there have likely always been some few who secretly worshiped Him, and of course Satan Himself is much older than that and it is quite possible that He was already worshiped by other beings in other worlds long before humans evolved.


So the following was the post by my Satanic brother:

Galdiatrix Satanae is myself, of course. And this is the way I argue. I put a question mark, which means admitting that I'm not sure, instead of pretending I know everything. And I found the discussion quite enriching, because this is the way you can learn from each other, and we had some fun too because I brought some humorous examples about how we're not walking on our hands, upside down, just because we're Satanists, and I told about my less-than-smart grandmother who once asked why NASA hadn't yet found Heaven on their space missions.
By instead attacking and insulting the other person you sure won't learn anything. Then again, certain types of people probably think they have no need for learning as they already know everything...



Some weeks ago I had a run-in myself with such a type of "Satanist" who had just sent me a friend request a day or two before. She then made a post asking how many of her friends would openly state that they're proud to be Satanists too. Although I found the question somewhat pointless I tried to start a discussion by stating that I'd think since Satanists are rebellious non-conformists by nature, why would they choose such a path but then not stand by it with pride?

I had no idea that I was dealing with an extremely immature person who probably expected their "fans" to just eagerly shout "Hail Satan" and never try to question or discuss anything, and so I got the most ridiculous reaction ever: "You are blocked!"
Well, you clown, if you were looking for a "fan girl" then you added the wrongest person ever - I've never been anybody's "fan girl" and never will be, as that's an intellectual level that is lightyears beneath me.
But anyway it was meant for "just people who are afraid of who and who they are," thus afraid of their two (or more) alter egos, I suppose? LOL



In very stark contrast to the above, I have a certain Facebook friend whom I highly value although we don't interact much - not a Satanist at all, I think he would probably appropriately be called a philosopher of consciousness - who often posts brilliant essays and thought-provoking statements that will usually incite long threads of hundreds of comments. His own view, which I share, is that consciousness is fundamental in the universe, and some of his friends and followers hold the opposite view and are subscribed to the mainstream scientific paradigm that consciousness is a byproduct of brain activity, and so much of these debates are idealism vs. materialism. Especially one of his friends is a die-hard materialist, and they will discuss endlessly. But never once have I seen any of them insulting another. They will often post links to articles to back up any claims they make and exchange interesting information. They each have strong and opposing positions, and yet they keep up the discussion without any hostility. This is the way it ought to be done, in my book. I usually lack the time to participate much, but I appreciate reading some of the debates.

Even though debates are "foolish", remember? LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment